Healthcare organizations are ever-evolving due to a multitude of developments in the industry. COVID-19 has accelerated these developments, forcing organizations to look for flexible, innovative, and cost-effective ways to thoughtfully and effectively adjust to the new normal and respond to many challenges.
Let’s look at six main challenges they are facing and some of the best-in-class training strategies to drive successful change:
1- Time Management in healthcare:
Finding time for employees to attend training can be a challenge in the healthcare industry.
Managing competing business priorities can become complicated for healthcare organizations as they often understaffed but still strive to address patient needs.
2- Digital transformation:
Rapid technological advances in digitalization, data analytics, and A.I. have been accelerating and enabling a personalized customer journey; however, adapting to those changes is not as simple as it looks, which takes us to the next challenge.
3- Training engagement:
Trisha Coady, Senior Vice President of clinical solution for the U.S. healthcare workforce, mentions there is a need for a more personalized approach to developing talent within the industry.
She states that creating a learning culture using technology and having a more self-directed development strategy can increase productivity, efficiency, and motivation at work.
4- Complex Industry:
The growing complexity of the overall healthcare system is a big challenge; health leaders recognize that the market is becoming increasingly consolidated and competitive due to consumer trends, reforms, regulations, and others.
5- Changing regulations:
A continuously expanding and increasingly complex regulatory landscape has a major impact on the healthcare industry.
6- Post-pandemic Organization:
Adapting to the new normal of a post-pandemic system is still a challenge to many organizations, including remote work, virtual recruiting, and other work processes that have to be digitized.
Designing and implementing the right blended learning strategies and modalities is crucial to successfully adapt to this new normal within healthcare organizations.
Some of the most effective methods to enhance learning and development within the healthcare industry are:
- Attract, onboard, and retain talent, creating a winning employee retention strategy to keep them motivated, productive and turn them into loyal brand ambassadors.
- Reskill and upskill employees, preparing them for digital transformation to increase efficiency and keep up with the rapidly-changing market demands.
- A top-class customer experience by delivering value through each phase of the customer journey to improve upon retention.
- Provide efficient and engaging compliance training aligned with local, national, and global requirements.
- Redesign L&D strategies and initiatives in a post-COVID world to train employees continuously, allowing them to adapt to new challenges and skills.
L&D departments have a critical role in helping healthcare organizations address and improve the skills, knowledge, and behaviors of their employees to remain operationally, strategically, and financially competitive.
Designing, developing, and implementing customized training solutions is vital to exceeding operational objectives. We can help you innovate your training ecosystem and achieve strategic goals; contact our experts now.